The Healthy, Active and Sustainable Living market is a nearly $1 trillion market that includes a variety of interrelated segments, each composed of attractive, high-growth areas for investment.
WHAT IS HEALTHY, ACTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE LIVING?
- Nutrition: organic foods, vitamins, minerals, herbs and supplements
- Active Sports and Recreation: action, adventure and endurance sports and equipment
- Fitness: health and fitness clubs, sports events and event management
- Wellness: complementary and alternative medicine, behavioral health, rehabilitation
- Weight Management: weight-loss programs, products and services
- Relaxation and Leisure: leisure activities and products, alternative fitness and wellness
- Sustainable Living: ecologically sustainable consumer products
- Renewable Resources and Efficiency Management: environmental sustainability, downstream renewable energy services and efficiency management services
- Other opportunities that are consistent with healthy active and sustainable living
WHY HEALTHY, ACTIVE & SUSTAINABLE LIVING?
- Estimated $1 trillion market with growth rates strongly outpacing the overall consumer goods/services industry
- Retiring Baby Boomers with more time and Echo Boomers with more spending power are driving consumer discretionary spend towards healthy and active leisure activities
- 30 thousand health clubs (over 45 million members) generate $20 billion in revenue
- Americans spend $250 billion on outdoor recreation each year
- Natural and Organic food market ($34 billion) has grown by 20% a year for the past ten years
- Non-food organic products grew 33% last year; fair trade products grew 47%; sustainable technologies grew 40% and are projected to maintain that growth over the next five years.
- The vitamins and supplements market ($27 billion) enters over 83% of U.S. households
- 88 million American adults use alternative medicine, a $27 billion industry
- There are 9 million Little Leaguers playing baseball in America...there are 13 million skateboarders